Tuesday 12 November 2013

Young Love

 "The girls shoulder, and her arm right down to the elbow, were pressed against his. Her cheek was almost near enough for him to feel its warmth." (pg. 121)

He didn't have to do anything to make my heart race. Literally. We were no longer talking as the lights had dimmed for the movie to start and it felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest. We were sitting at the very back of the theatre with the entire row to ourselves. Our arms were just touching, causing a weird current of electricity to jump from my arm to his, or that was what it felt like at least. I wondered if he could feel it too. The electric feeling was so real, and so was this attraction I had to him. It was unlike a typical "oh my god he's so hot" attraction, though that was definitely there too; I actually felt like my body was being pulled towards his without me trying to. I was very obviously leaning into him and from the corner of my eye it looked like he was too. He had to be, how else would our arms be touching right from shoulder to elbow? I looked at him, he glanced back at me and smiled, making the stupid pounding thing in my chest feel warm and fuzzy. He had such a nice smile, one of those smiles that makes you melt a little every time you see it. I could stare at his face forever. But that would be weird. So I smiled back at him and turned my head towards the screen again. I wanted to stay in this moment forever, just sit next to him in silence with my mouth permanently turned upwards. He probably didn't even know he had this affect on me. It felt just like one of those mushy lovey dovey movies every girl at my school was in love with, only this was about 2000 times better, because I was the main character.

No comments:

Post a Comment