Tuesday 12 November 2013


Forbidden Love
Sydney Berman


Even 2 years after, that hallway still gave me goosebumps. You know how a memory can stick to a place like glue? That's how that long, skinny dark hallway felt. If you know the girl rule, you know that you cant go after your friends ex boyfriend. But if you feel so passionate about someone, that rule goes right down the trash. I remember how happy I was when i saw that message popping up on my phone in the middle of grade 9 science that said “Hey cutie, come meet me in the textiles hallway”. No one knows that feeling until it happens to them. It may be the best feeling in the world to know that someone loves you and cares about you just as much as you love and care about them. Making up a bullshit lie to my teacher why I had to leave class everyday for 15 minutes was always a struggle, but i could never pass down the offer to go meet up with him. After telling Mr. Cuckoo I had to go “pick up my lunch from my mom” I walked out of the classroom and headed for the bathroom. When i got there, I must of stood in front of the mirror for what feels like 5 years correcting the things I saw wrong with me. Big bags, frizzy hair, fat thighs, the flaws seemed to go on and on. As i stood there, it just blowed my mind that an older, attractive boy liked a little grade nine like me. I walked out of the bathroom and headed for that hallway. As much as I tried to erase those thoughts from my head, my conscious was catching up with me. How could I do this to my friend? Why was I doing this? Why am I such a bad friend? I just tried to ignore them. I came up to the hallway, and saw him sitting on the earthquake box. When he saw me, he looked up with a smile and a sparkle in his eye. Nothing made me happier. I walked up and we talked about our day so far, but one of the first things he said was “You haven't told anyone about us right? Because you shouldn't. It will make it more interesting”. Right when he said that I realized I wasn't the only girl. It must have been the worst feeling in the world. But I didn't care, I just let him break my heart into a million pieces because he was the only thing that made it feel whole.




No comments:

Post a Comment