Wednesday 13 November 2013

Blades of Forbidden Glory- Alec

It was the eve of the Olympic Mixed Doubles figure skating competition. All I should have been thinking about was the event of my life the next day. All I could think about was who I was up against. The top ranked pairing, while mine being second, consisted of two snooty siblings who could carve up the ice like a magical scene straight out of Harry Potter. All I should have been thinking about was how to beat them. All I was thinking about was their younger sister. I had seen her around the complex, made fleeting eye contact. It is more than common for figure skating duos to be romantically involved with each other, but to go for my opponents' relative was an absurd notion. She may have been average looking, but I was even more average looking so it was well worth the risk. I walked to the outside of her brother and sister's change room and pulled the nearest fire alarm. As the siren sounded and the sprinklers sprayed, I placed my phone on the ground outside the door with an open note on the screen which read "Snow Cones 2nite @ 7?", and scurried away. As soon as I got outside the arena, I calculated all the flaws in my plan. She could run by my phone in a hurry to escape from the potential fire without seeing it. The cellular could explode in a cartoonish manner. Despite my doubts, I waited on a bench beside the snow cone stand an hour before our date was set to begin, making a leather jacket look awfully hip. She arrived a very fashionable four minutes late, looking less average than usual which was balanced out by my leather jacket. I briefly contemplated ditching her to pursue a different love interest, as I could probably raise my standards on account of how awesome I looked in this sweet jacket. That idea was squashed immediately after being thought, as I remembered that I'd never been on a date before. I bought her a snow cone. It made her tongue red. My cone was blue. We made purple. The next day I won Olympic gold, and she applauded quietly in a corner out of sight and earshot of her siblings.


Alec





No comments:

Post a Comment