Tuesday 12 November 2013

Forbidden Love

She gleamed after having announced the news, although for some reason something didn't seem right. 
"I knew it would happen, I'm so happy for you!" Johnathon exclaimed, pulling her into a warm hug. Tessa appreciated his actions, but still felt awkward about it. She could never forget the memories they'd had together. "Austin is a great guy, I'm sure you guys will spend a wonderful life together." His words seemed to almost slur as he finished his compliment. 
"Thanks, that means a lot." She smiled as she turned to walk away, but suddenly felt her arm pulled backwords. Shocked, she turned to see Johnathon staring at her. Without saying a thing, she noticed him massage a piece of paper into her palm.  
"I guess I was too late," he uttered, as he simply turned and walked away.
Tessa sat down at one of the delicately painted tables outside and began to open the note, causing her heart rate to speed up. Once opened, she could have sworn her heart fell into the pit of her stomach.

"I've always loved you, and I want you to be mine. Will you marry me?" 

It was everything she'd ever wanted to hear from Johnathon, as well as something she'd never wanted to happen to her. Her feelings for him could never change, even though she was now engaged to another. As she held the tears back, she knew that that was not the last time she'd see him. The two would soon again be reunited.      

    

No comments:

Post a Comment